Thursday, May 15, 2014

What goes around comes around

Being on this earth for 1/2 a century, (YIKES!) I've learned everything in life is cyclical.  We've all heard forms of this quote, "If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes, it'll change." Although many people apply it to the area they live in, this quote has been credited to Mark Twain in reference to New England.

Eggs - Growing up they were good for me, then they told me no, the yolks are high in cholesterol and can lead to heart attack or stroke.  New research shows that eating whole eggs increases HDL - the heart-protective "good" cholesterol. Plus there are several nutrients specific to the egg yolk that help promote overall health.  Just Google - Heath Benefits of Eggs to learn more.

Potatoes - The potato is a starchy tuberous crop.  The word "potato" may refer to the plant itself or the edible tuber.  The name "spud" for a small potato comes from the digging of soil prior to the planting of potatoes.   They are filling, moderate in calories, and non-fattening.  They are nutrient-dense, their fiber keeps you regular and helps lower cholesterol.  Phytochemicals in potatoes appear to help lower blood pressure.  Potatoes which were once taboo are now considered a super food for weight loss!

The stock market goes up and down, the value of my house dropped and is now coming back around, and the Earth tilts toward the sun, then away from the sun. It is now is starting to tilt back toward the sun again, meaning summer was gone but it is now coming back - YIPPEE! (well, I think so anyway!)
We put away our summer clothes and  donned our cold weather clothes and now we pack them back up and bring out our summer clothes until it is time to bring out the cold weather clothes again.

This winter I was working at a job that was literally sucking the life out of me.  I quit exercising, I ate way too many onion rings and donuts, I felt crappy, couldn't sleep, had no energy, couldn't focus, lost all motivation to do better, and I didn't even care.  However, my beach trip, just weeks away is all the incentive I needed!

Trust me, once you find your motivation and force yourself to make the first step everything else will come around too.  Once you start exercising, you will eat better as to not undo your efforts.  When you eat better, you feel better. When you feel better your attitude is uplifted.  With a good outlook everything in your life is better and when you are happier you sleep better.  When you sleep better you have more energy to exercise, and the circle continues.  I promise!  PS. Don't forget, even if you are trying to lose weight you can still enjoy your eggs and potatoes!

There you have it,
Go give someone a hug.







2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always sounds better coming from someone else. :)

    ReplyDelete