Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Go YOU!

When I was going through my cancer experience I just kept thinking how hard this must be for a child to go through, or perhaps worse, to be the parent standing by without a cure.  In my journey to help children diagnosed with life threatening diseases I have met - in person and through social media - parents and families who are faced with extremely tough circumstances.  I am involved with the parents who are the major caregivers of these children who are fighting for dear life.  At another time we will discuss these amazing kids, but at this time I am focusing on their incredible mothers, as they are the ones I mainly interact with.

These women are just like you and me, with dreams and hopes for themselves and their children.  They are pulled in so many directions trying to cover all bases, giving time and energy everywhere: to their diagnosed child, their healthy children, their husbands, their home, their jobs, their aging parents,  their siblings, their friends, doctors, hospitals, insurance, (think of all the red tape involved!) plus, they need time for themselves to recharge their batteries. Can you imagine a day in their life?

These moms are spread out all over the country and use social media groups.  The ones I am involved in are initiated and monitored by those reaching out to help others even while in the midst of chaos themselves!   The groups may be lifesavers, giving the caregivers a safe place to land.  They connect to vent, to ask for guidance, to ask for prayers, and even to offer each other support.  I see these women run out of gas, break down and cry, and then guess what?  They feel badly for letting themselves get down!  REALLY?  Dear Ladies, Give Yourself a Break, and I don't mean a break as in a Kit Kat bar!  Allow yourself to ask for help, allow yourself to take help.  When I was sick I could actually feel God's hand working in my life though the people and experiences that came to me.  Be open to others, they may have been SENT TO YOU from above!

Here's to YOU! You are incredibly strong! I wish you could see just how tough, courageous and amazing YOU really are!  YOU are a huge INSPIRATION for all of us!  We all get overwhelmed and many of us couldn't walk a mile in your shoes, yet look how far you've come! May we learn from your example.

May we be more grateful for all the good we experience; may we be a little kinder, softer, have a tad more patience, and may we all remember to pray for those in need, those who are hurting, those who feel lost, those who lost hope.  May we remember to pray for you, your families, and your children.  Keep up the good work!  GO YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment