Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pink is everywhere but gray matters!


As you know we have national appreciation/observance days and months.  Everything is honored from jelly beans (4/22) to military spouses, (upcoming on 5/9 - stay tuned).

Pink is associated with breast cancer and it is shows up everywhere from football to spatulas.
Lance Armstrong's yellow wristbands were worn by millions- Thank you!  The list goes on...

The color gray is associated with brain tumors, and May is Brain Tumor Awareness Month.  Here in Atlanta we have one of the first non-profit organizations in the US to focus on pediatric brain tumor disease.  Please think twice when you see the color gray - Gray Matters!  When you see gray, please know there are many who are affected by this disease, children, parents, and families.  .

By now you know that I've have my own experience with cancer, but I went through this as an adult.  Trust me, my life with never be the same, but I'm still here!   I belong to several wonderful groups and I am amazed everyday by the faith and strength these children and parents have.  It is extremely humbling, and they need our help. Please LIKE the PoodleonaNoodle facebook page to help bring exposure to the book, as all donations for May will go to the Brain Tumor Foundation for Children.  www.braintumorkids.org

Be grateful for everyday, be kind to each other, and remember - Gray Matters!



No comments:

Post a Comment