Monday, April 7, 2014

Let's start over, from the Beginning


Guess I was doing this blogging thing all wrong!  It's hard to keep up with all this social media/technology so what did I know?

At a writer's conference this weekend in Blue Ridge, Ga I was instructed to blog so you could get to know me, my values, etc.  So, in following direction, I'm starting with WHY I'm blogging.  This will give you an good idea of where I am at 53 years old.  I'll  post a bit every week.  You may find my posts entertaining, or that I'm a complete wack-a-do (my favorite word of the day).  Hopefully the former, but thanks for sticking around long enough to figure it out!

You can read about Casey and my book in the "About Me" section over to the right, but here's the back story.

I was donating more of a percentage of sales than my book sales were actually bringing in, so I felt the need to ramp up exposure to my book.  In all honestly, I was working really hard at a job I hated, and I figured if I could work as hard on my book as I do on my job, something is bound to happen.  So, I left my job (paycheck- YIKES!) and I'm just taking some time out of the workforce to follow what is becoming a strong, and time consuming passion of mine.

I'm supposed to write how I feel about this - To begin with, I'm working MUCH harder than I ever did at any job, and much longer hours.  No such thing as a lunch hour here!  No clock watching either, I'm on this dang computer day and night.  FB does so much, LinkedIn does so much, it's tough to learn all the ins and outs, I'm just getting the hang of email! Am I scared, no, I'm doing this by FAITH.  Something GREAT will come of this either for my book, or I the path I'm on will end up at the perfect career that I enjoy.  I do get hungry from time to time, I'm open for breakfast, lunch. or dinner, just let me know where to be and when :).

Getting back to blogging - My goal in blogging is to connect with those touched by cancer, so I can help in any way I can.  I hope this opens the door to communication, and brings exposure to the book.  Basically, I hope this is a way for you to help me, help  you.

Thanks for listening, be safe out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment